1. What are the causes of dry skin and calluses?
Our feet carry us throughout our lives day by day. However, they often receive too little attention. The thick skin on the soles of our feet quickly becomes dry, rough and brittle from pressure, intensive burden or too tight shoes. An excess of new cells form in response to pressure and friction points, and those areas rapidly become rough and take on an unseemly yellowish colour.
2. What are the consequences of dry skin and calluses?
If the calluses are not removed, the sensitive skin on the foot can tear and it becomes more vulnerable to bacteria. Inflammation and skin fungal infections can be the consequence. Dry, scaly skin and calluses should therefore be regularly removed.
3. What distinguishes the new Amopé Pedi Perfect™ Electronic Foot File with Diamond Crystals?
The Amopé Pedi Perfect™ Electronic Foot File has a detachable roller element and an ergonomic form for the easy removal of surplus skin even at small, inaccessible places. The device roller bears microgranulated particles that ensure the gentle and easy removal of calluses without damaging the intact skin layers.
4. What is the advantage of the Pedi Perfect™ compared to manual callus files?
Callus removal with the new Amopé Pedi Perfect™ Electronic Foot File with diamond particles is rapid and uncomplicated. Furthermore, it requires less force than required when using a conventional manual rasp or file.
5. What has changed with Amopé Pedi Perfect™?
The Pedi Perfect™ rollers are now filled with finely ground diamond particles that bring improved and more efficient hard skin removal results. The assortment of refill head rollers was expanded and there are now various refill heads available so that you can use a suitable grain size depending on the thickness of the hard skin.
6. Can I also use the Amopé Pedi Perfect™ Electronic Foot File for hard skin on the hands?
Yes, the Amopé Pedi Perfect™ Electronic Foot File can also be used to smoothen hard skin on the inner hand surfaces.
7. How does the Amopé Pedi Perfect™ Electronic Foot File with Diamond Crystals work?
Microgranulates on the roller of the Amopé Pedi Perfect™ Electronic Foot File ensure the gentle and easy removal of hard skin without damaging the intact skin layers. The new replacement rollers are supplied with differently sized granulations to effectively and gently remove hard skin of different thickness.
8. What do the Diamond Crystals on the replacement rollers accomplish?
Diamond crystals are already used in the beauty and cosmetics sector and are well known for their peeling characteristics in high-end cosmetics treatments. Moreover, diamonds are one of the hardest materials in the world. As a component of the new Pedi Perfect refill heads, they ultimately enhance not only the functionality of the Amopé Pedi Perfect Electronic Foot File, but also ensure improved and more efficient hard skin removal.
9. Must I have experience in hard skin removal?
No, easy application and the safety stop also allow beginners to gently and thoroughly remove hard skin.
10. Is there a danger of hurting oneself during hard skin removal with the Electronic Foot File?
No, the easy application and the safety stop allow gentle, safe and thorough callus removal even for beginners. However, the Pedi Perfect™ should not be applied to injured, wounded or irritated skin. If any irritations or complaints occur, the treatment must be discontinued immediately.
11. How frequently can I use the Amopé Pedi Perfect™ Electronic Foot File, and how long should a treatment be continued?
The Amopé Pedi Perfect™ Electronic Foot File can be successively applied as often as you like, until your feet feel soft and are freed from excessive hard skin. The duration of the treatment continues depending on the individual burden on the feet and the fit of the shoes.
12. Why are there three different grain sizes/ roller heads? When should I use which grain size?
The Amopé Pedi Perfect roller assortment consists of three different roller types: Extra Coarse, Coarse, and Soft Touch. Depending on the individual thickness of the callus, the Coarse or Extra Coarse roller head is recommended for optimally removing the excessive callus. The Extra Coarse roller head is greatly suited for removing thick and obstinate hard skin. While the Coarse roller is appropriate for removing surplus hard skin effectively but gently. A Mix Pack consisting of the Extra Coarse and Soft Touch roller heads combine two different grain sizes. The Extra Coarse roller head is suited for the removal of thick and obstinate hard skin and the Soft Touch roller head optimally completes the results as a perfect finisher.
13. Should I soak my feet in a footbath before treatment, or what is the best preparation for hard skin removal?
No, feet should not be soaked in a footbath before the application of Amopé Pedi Perfect Electronic Foot File. If the hard skin is soft and swollen by the footbath, then there is a possibility that the hard skin cannot be completely removed. An optimal removal of hard skin is carried out on dry skin. No preparation of the feet is necessary.
14. When using my new Amopé Pedi Perfect™ Electronic Foot File, the device keeps stopping. What can I do about this?
If you apply too much pressure, the device automatically switches to OFF. This built-in safety stop protects your skin and prevents you from removing too much hard skin at a time. Try to apply less pressure and operate the device with uniform movements over the hard skin.
15. I have very thick hard skin and treatment with the Amopé Pedi Perfect™ Electronic Foot File requires a great deal of time. What can I do?
The Amopé Pedi Perfect™ assortment has a suitable grain size for every type of callus. The roller head with the grain size Extra Coarse is filled with diamond particles and was especially developed to gently and reliably remove thick hard skin. Previously, the roller heads had only one grain size. The new assortment of three different grain sizes will allow you to also remove tougher hard skin.
16. I already own the Amopé Pedi Perfect™ Electronic Foot File. Can I also use the new roller heads with diamond particles with my device?
Of course you can also use the new Amopé Pedi Perfect™ replacement rollers with diamond particles and various grain sizes with your existing model of the Pedi Perfect™ Electronic Foot File.
17. When is the best time for hard skin removal?
Heavy strains or the wrong footwear lead to a pressure build-up which causes increased callus cell formation in your skin. The consequences include ugly patches of skin and painful callus thickening. We therefore recommend a year-round and regular removal of calluses. What time of a day you remove your calluses is left up to you.
18. How is the Electronic Foot File applied?
Move the unit gently over the hard skin parts of the skin to remove excessive hard skin. Apply light to medium pressure. Avoid application on cracked or bloody skin.
19. How must I correctly hold the Electronic Foot File in the hand for hard skin removal?
Clasp the Electronic Foot File with one hand at the grip and move it gently over the hard skin.
20. Must I replace the roller head after a certain number of applications? How can I tell when the roller head must be replaced?
The rollers must be replaced whenever they are worn out. Wear depends on the intensity as well as the duration of treatments. A worn-out roller no longer removes callus as thoroughly, since the full grain size is no longer completely present. As a rule, the roller appears to be lighter, and the grain size is abraded. Purchase replacement rollers at need.
21. How should the roller heads that I have already used be stored?
If you switch between the roller heads with various grain sizes, preferably use a small plastic bag to save the roller heads that have been already used but are not yet worn out. You can naturally also store the roller heads in their customary places.
22. How do I dispose my old roller heads?
Preferably dispose the old roller heads in residual waste containers. There are no special requirements for the disposal of old roller heads.
23. Must I especially clean the Pedi Perfect™ Electronic Foot File after application?
To clean the roller head, remove it from the unit and rinse in flowing water. Clean the unit with a moist cloth. Dry the unit and the roller head with a clean and dry cloth and put the roller head back into the unit.
24. Why should my feet undergo special care after application of Amopé Pedi Perfect™ Electronic Foot File?
Special care after removing hard skin can extend the desired results of silky-soft feet. In order to optimally care for your feet, it is advisable to clean them after the hard skin treatment in an indulging footbath. This removes the last skin scales and simultaneously grooms your feet. In order to achieve optimal results, we recommend subsequently moisturizing your feet with Amopé Pedi Perfect™ Daily Moisturizer for Feet. The foot cream hydrates for up to 24 hours.
25. Why do my feet require special attention and a special foot care cream?
Our feet carry us throughout our lives day after day. However, they often receive too little attention. There is a great difference between the skin on our hands and our feet due to the skin structure. The inner surfaces of our hand and feet skin are about ten times as thick as our remaining body skin, and therefore require special care.
26. What benefits does the Amopé Pedi Perfect™ foot care range offer?
With a large number of high-quality ingredients, the Amopé Pedi Perfect™ foot care range offers professional foot care for use at home, in harmony with your personal and individual foot care needs.
27. What makes the Amopé Pedi Perfect™ foot care range so special?
The Amopé Pedi Perfect™ foot care range works with very special ingredients hitherto not used in foot care, such as green caviar, vitamin A+E, Omega-6, hyaluronic acid and almond oil, which are well known from other premium-skin care products.
28. Must I simultaneously use all products in order to achieve optimal results or does it suffice, for example, if I only use the Extra Rich Skin Recovery Cream?
The individual products can be combined individually to create a foot care routine adapted entirely to the needs of every single individual. Whether daily or extensively on weekends, the Amopé Pedi Perfect foot care range offers the appropriate products for every individual, beginning with the Express program for those in a hurry, up to the all-round extensive programme. There is more detailed information on the routines available at www.amope.ca